To get involved in the Users' committee
Would you like to volunteer for the Usersâ™committee? It would be a pleasure to receive your application.
As it is indicated in the Reference Framework, the majority of the Users'commitee members must be users. However, if it is not possible to have a majority of users, the users may elect another person of their choice, provided that the person does not work for the institution or practise a profession in a centre operated by the institution.
The Usersâ™committee members represent a particular clientele for a term of two or three years (9 seats). Each Residents'committees have one of his member to be seat to the Users'comittee (5 seats).
Examples of clientele program:
- Physical health lacking program
- Family-Children-Youth program
- Physical health - Chronic diseases (diabetes, respiratory diseases, kidney or heart failure) program
- Intellectual impairment and Pervasive developmental disorder program
- People with autonomy loss related to ageing program.
- Physical disability (multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's) program
The users' committee must sit on the administration council of CSSS de Laval and also the working committees set up to improve the quality of the institution's services. It is important for them to take advantage of this opportunity afforded them by management to play their role as user representatives.